Convention Center Expansion
- $126.9 million expansion beginning in fall 2019
- Project completed and ribbon cutting late summer 2021
- Total leasable space increasing from 550,000 square feet to 600,000 square feet
- Adding approximately 50,000 square feet of meeting room and pre-function space
- Total meeting spaces will increase from 41 to 55
- Includes two 10,000-square-foot spaces each divisible into 19 configurations
- Creates an overstreet pedestrian walkway to the 700-room Westin Charlotte hotel and a light rail station stop, which provides connectivity to a Whole Foods Market, Center City’s 200-plus restaurants, 5,600 hotel rooms, and plenty more retail and nightlife options in other popular Charlotte neighborhoods
Virtual Tours Now Available
IN THE NEWS
Convention Center Pedestrian Walkway
The compact, walkable convention district means that attendees are always within steps of thousands of hotel rooms, countless eateries and some of the city’s top attractions and nightlife destinations – and the Center’s newly-constructed overstreet pedestrian walkway will add a new layer of convenience.
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Economic Growth
With Inclusion as one of our core values, we seek to leverage the talents and skills of diverse individuals and companies in executing our mission to elevate community prosperity and improve the quality of life for residents through a vibrant visitor economy.