WE CLEAN WITH CARE
CHARLOTTE CONVENTION CENTER IS READY TO WELCOME YOU
Our venues and our teams have always strived to deliver memorable experiences. We want our guests to have sound peace of mind when stepping foot in our venues and visibly see the commitment we have made to maintaining exceptional, health-conscious conditions.
At the CRVA, we have inspired employees with wide-ranging venue management, sales and marketing expertise working across nine brands to make Charlotte the most sought after city in the Southeast. To continue working toward this goal given our current COVID-19 landscape, we rely on our “One CRVA” approach, which taps shared knowledge and resources to skillfully manage multiple venues and varying types of guest experiences. Our broad spectrum of venues host Broadway plays, concerts and shows; welcome major sporting events and conventions; help visitors navigate our city; and serve as a bucket-list destination for NASCAR fans. This collective and consistent knowledge in understanding how visitors experience our city in multifaceted ways is shaping our elevated health and safety protocols that will benefit you and your attendees during your time in Charlotte.
WE CLEAN WITH CARE
- Cleaning crews have increased cleaning frequency with special attention provided to high-touch areas (escalator rails, elevator buttons, stair handrails, etc.).
- Color coordinated microfiber cloths used with TruShot cleaning solutions to eliminate cross contamination in high-touch areas.
- Enhanced air handling filtration system.
- Dozens of hand sanitizer stations have been installed strategically throughout the building in high traffic areas. Additional mobile units are dedicated for Food & Beverage service needs.
- The housekeeping team will increase team members to specifically monitor soap/sanitizer dispensers and refill as needed on event dates.
- Electrostatic / disinfectant sprayers will be used in each meeting room before being occupied, between room refreshes and afterwards.
- Foot claws have been installed on all restroom doors for hands free use.
- Convention Center is migrating to linen-less tables for classroom sets.
- CDC “Stop the Spread of Germs” posters in both English and Spanish have been placed in all bathrooms and on digital signage.
- CDC signage detailing proper hand washing and hygiene procedures are posted in employee breakrooms.
- Currently in process of obtaining Global Biorisk Advisory Council’s (GBAC) Star™ Facility Accreditation, which ensures the Convention Center is implementing the industry’s highest standards for cleaning and disinfection of infectious agents like the novel coronavirus.
Cleaning with Care Fact Sheet
FOOD & BEVERAGE SAFETY STEPS
- Options for no-contact Food & Beverage service will be provided (fresh pre-packaged meals/snacks, single use condiments, packaged silverware, etc.).
- Food & Beverage service staff will serve food and refreshments for each attendee while wearing gloves and masks. There will not be any self-serve service options.
- Food court tables and chairs as well as lounge areas are cleaned with increased frequency.
- Convention Center has moved to a cashless payment transaction system in the food court, concession and other cash transaction areas.
- Back-of-house kitchen is zoned off to allow for safe social distancing.
- Food & Beverage department has 37 ServSafe Certified Professionals, working under the guidance of the National Restaurant Association and the FDA in developing and implementing our new policies and procedures.
TOGETHER BUT SAFELY APART
- Plexiglass shield barriers have been installed in the food court, exhibit hall concession stands, portable bars, rolling break tables and visitor information centers located at entrance of the building.
- Visual signage/floor clings will be used throughout the building to ensure proper flow and social distancing.
- The center has two outdoor spaces for gatherings that can be utilized based on availability.
- Our in-house Audio Visual provider PSAV has developed creative solutions for integrating real time Virtual Events that enable those who cannot join the onsite meeting to stay engaged with your event.
- Event managers are 'Cvent Event Diagramming Certified' to collaborate with planners based on event type, licensed space and number of attendees to create alternative - and safe - layouts for events.
Charlotte Convention Center Recovery Guidelines
WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
We are encouraging our staff to adhere to the following protocols, while providing and requiring face masks for all employees. We would appreciate your partnership in asking your attendees to follow these guidelines as well:
- Wash hands often or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover mouth and nose with a cloth face cover or mask.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home if they are sick.
The Charlotte Convention Center has always strived to be as eco-friendly and sustainable as possible. We know that these safety precautions may make our events less environmentally-friendly, but the safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority. We will continue to evaluate ways to keep our customers safe and the environment top-of-mind.