WE CLEAN WITH CARE
CHARLOTTE CONVENTION CENTER IS READY TO WELCOME YOU
Our venues and our teams have always strived to deliver memorable experiences. We want our guests to have sound peace of mind when stepping foot in our venues and visibly see the commitment we have made to maintaining exceptional, health-conscious conditions.
At the CRVA, we have inspired employees with wide-ranging venue management, sales and marketing expertise working across nine brands to make Charlotte the most sought after city in the Southeast.
To continue working toward this goal given our current COVID-19 landscape, we rely on our “One CRVA” approach, which taps shared knowledge and resources to skillfully manage multiple venues and varying types of guest experiences. Our broad spectrum of venues host Broadway plays, concerts and shows; welcome major sporting events and conventions; help visitors navigate our city; and serve as a bucket-list destination for NASCAR fans. This collective and consistent knowledge in understanding how visitors experience our city in multifaceted ways is shaping our elevated health and safety protocols that will benefit you and your attendees during your time in Charlotte.
GBAC STAR FACILITY ACCREDITATION
The Charlotte Convention Center has received the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ Facility Accreditation, making it one of the first facilities in North Carolina to earn this distinction. The GBAC STAR™ accreditation program is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation. Under the guidance of GBAC, the Charlotte Convention Center has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention and demonstrated compliance with and commitment to the program's 20 core elements. Program elements range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment (PPE) and emergency preparedness measures.
For more information, visit gbac.org.
WE CLEAN WITH CARE
• Cleaning crews have increased cleaning frequency with special attention provided to high-touch areas (elevator buttons, stair handrails, etc.).
• The Center has integrated needlepoint bipolar ionization (NPBI) air purification technologies into its HVAC systems as another layer of protection to eliminate and neutralize disease-causing pathogens such as COVID-19.
• Color coordinated microfiber cloths are being used with TruShot and 70% Isopropyl Alcohol cleaning solutions to eliminate cross contamination in high-touch areas.
• Dozens of hand sanitizer stations have been installed strategically throughout the building in high traffic areas.
• Electrostatic / disinfectant sprayers are used in each meeting room before being occupied, between room refreshes and afterwards.
• Foot claws have been installed on all restroom doors for hands free use.
• The Center has transitioned to linen-less tables for classroom sets.
Cleaning with Care Fact Sheet
FOOD & BEVERAGE SAFETY STEPS
• Options for no-contact Food & Beverage service can be provided (fresh pre-packaged meals/snacks, single use condiments, packaged silverware, etc.).
• Food court tables and chairs as well as lounge areas are cleaned with increased frequency.
• The Center encourages cashless payment transactions in the Delish food court area, at concessions, and other cash transaction areas, accepting Apple, Google, and Tap payments.
• Food & Beverage department has 37 ServSafe Certified Professionals, working under the guidance of the National Restaurant Association and the FDA in developing and implementing our new policies and procedures.
TOGETHER BUT SAFELY APART
• Plexiglass shield barriers have been installed in the food court, exhibit hall concession stands, portable bars, rolling break tables and visitor information centers located at entrance of the building.
• The event management team can create custom diagrams based on event type, licensed space and number of attendees to provide more distance between attendees.
• The Center has two outdoor spaces for gatherings that can be utilized based on availability.
• Our in-house Audio Visual provider Encore has developed creative solutions for integrating real time Virtual Events that enable those who cannot join the onsite meeting to stay engaged with your event.
Charlotte Convention Center Recovery Guidelines
WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
We’d appreciate your partnership in communicating this to your attendees and ask that they follow these protocols to help keep us all safe.
• Guests are required to cover their mouth and nose with a cloth face cover or mask.
• Wash hands often or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home if you or a member of your party is sick.
The Charlotte Convention Center has always strived to be as eco-friendly and sustainable as possible. We know that these safety precautions may make our events less environmentally-friendly, but the safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority. We will continue to evaluate ways to keep our customers safe and the environment top-of-mind.