Charlotte Green Team
ABOUT THE GREEN TEAM
The Charlotte Green Team has turned the Queen City and the region into a "green meetings" destination by meeting, networking and sharing best practices, including new technologies, success stories and environmentally safe products and services.
The local hotels and CAHA were the original organizers and adapters of sustainability policies, along with the city-owned facilities operated by the CRVA, such as the Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Bojangles' Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium.
ATTEND OUR NEXT MEETING
THURSDAY, SEPT. 13, 3:30 P.M.
CHARLOTTE CONVENTION CENTER, ROOM 213A
The City's Low Carbon Future & the Action Plan on How to Get There
Charlotte City Council has adopted a resolution on energy and a strategic action plan to achieve a low carbon future. It’s ambitious, but very “doable,” if and when all of the major departments, and ultimately the citizens, “get-on-board” and support these efforts. As with most “action” plans, it starts with baseline benchmark measurements, then a plan, and then targets along the way.
Come hear Rob Phocus, Sustainability Director for the City talk about the history of this initiative; why a low carbon future is so important; and the work that has taken place on a “Strategic Energy Action Plan” to date. The initial four areas of focus will be:
- Energy Generation
There are a number of City projects already underway that are aligned with this initiative, and many, if not all, can be implemented in the private sector. This is where citizens (and businesses) need to learn what the City is doing and incorporate them into their projects and practices.
There is no charge to attend. Please RSVP to ensure adequate seating arrangements by emailing your name and organization to email@example.com.
- March 28 - How to Turn Your Green/Sustainability Initiatives into Sales Tools
- May 30 - What is Involved in Getting LEED Certification?
- Aug. 24 - Where Does Our Water Come From & Will We Have Enough?
- Oct. 25 - Energy-Saving Programs for Business
- March 30 - Teaching Green/Sustainability in School These Days
- May 12 - Green Sustainability Initiatives Among Food & Beverage Vendors
- April 8 - Sustainability Efforts at UNCC: On Campus & In the Classroom
- June 16 - Water: Will We Have Enough?
- Sept. 24 - CPCC's Major Initiatives on Green Sustainability and the City's Green Walking Tour App