Charlotte Green Team
ABOUT THE GREEN TEAM
The Charlotte Green Team has turned the Queen City and the region into a "green meetings" destination by meeting, networking and sharing best practices, including new technologies, success stories and environmentally safe products and services.
The local hotels and CAHA were the original organizers and adapters of sustainability policies, along with the city-owned facilities operated by the CRVA, such as the Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Bojangles' Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium.
ATTEND OUR NEXT MEETING
THURSDAY, DEC. 6, 3:30 P.M.
CHARLOTTE CONVENTION CENTER
Green Sustainable Holiday Cheer - RECAP
With the holidays fast approaching, everyone was in the mood for a reception-style gathering in December, rather than a sit-down meeting with a formal presentation. So, the Charlotte Convention Center and CRVA hosted everyone to the December meeting with this in mind. With a cup of “Holiday Cheer” in-hand, everyone socialized and got caught up on individual green/sustainable initiatives others had initiated. Suppliers were invited to bring literature on their products and services to put on tables and several did.
Steve Bagwell, COO of CRVA welcomed everyone as chair of the Green Team. There was a drawing for several door prizes, and a good, relaxing evening was enjoyed by everyone. Steve said we will be setting a date for the first quarter meeting in 2019 which is tentatively planned for the Spectrum Center. So, keep an eye out for the announcement of the time and date.
He also requested that everyone think about ideas for expanding and growing the Green Team, and topics to present and places to visit for educational purposes. Remember, the purpose of the Charlotte Green Team is to advocate to entities in the Charlotte region to adopt green/sustainable initiatives and to then share them with other folks in and through the Green Team. If you have any thoughts or ideas on programs, topics or how to grow the Green Team, please send them to Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Green Team at email@example.com.
May everyone have a happy and safe holiday season and remember….recycle and keep it green!
- Dec. 6 - Green Sustainable Holiday Cheer
- Sept. 13 - The City's Low Carbon Future & the Action Plan on How to Get There
- March 28 - How to Turn Your Green/Sustainability Initiatives into Sales Tools
- May 30 - What is Involved in Getting LEED Certification?
- Aug. 24 - Where Does Our Water Come From & Will We Have Enough?
- Oct. 25 - Energy-Saving Programs for Business
- March 30 - Teaching Green/Sustainability in School These Days
- May 12 - Green Sustainability Initiatives Among Food & Beverage Vendors
- April 8 - Sustainability Efforts at UNCC: On Campus & In the Classroom
- June 16 - Water: Will We Have Enough?
- Sept. 24 - CPCC's Major Initiatives on Green Sustainability and the City's Green Walking Tour App